Effective Date: This Privacy Statement was last updated on September 19, 2012 and is effective as of that date.
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.
Bethie b. is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with the bethie b. website. By accessing the bethie b. website, you acknowledge that you fully understand this Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Statement.
2. PARTICIPATING MERCHANT POLICIES.
Related services and offerings with links from the bethie b. website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who access the bethie b. website are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since bethie b. does not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. Bethie b. recommends and encourages that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT.
Bethie b. collects certain information from and about its users in the following three ways: (1) directly from our Web Server logs; (2) from the user; and (3) with Cookies.
a. Web Server Logs.
When you visit the Bethie b. website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include, but are not limited to:
Your Internet protocol address.
• The kind of browser or computer you use.
• The number of links you click within the site.
• The state or country from which you accessed the site.
• The date and time of your visit.
• The name of your Internet service provider.
• The web page you linked to our site from.
• The pages you viewed on the site.
• Any content transmitted through our mail servers.
One of the primary purposes of Cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a Cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
Bethie b. reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place Cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into Bethie b. a site that relies on third-party Cookies).
You have the ability to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline Cookies. If you reject Cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on the Bethie b. website.
c. Personal Information Users
Visitors to the bethie b. website can register to use and/or purchase services. When you register to upload item, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number and other relevant information. If you are purchasing a service, we will request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the service(s) you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. For other types of registrations, we will ask for relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission, except to the extent necessary, including, without limitation:
• To fulfill your service requests for services.
• To protect ourselves from liability.
• To respond to legal process or comply with law.
• In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
4. PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
• We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
• We don’t employ tracking devices for marketing purposes (“cookies”, “web beacons,” single-pixel gifs).
• We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
• Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
• Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
• bethie b. does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If bethie b. learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, bethie b. will remove that post.
• bethie b., or people who post on bethie b., may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
5. DATA WE COLLECT
• We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, blog updates, etc.
• For paid postings, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes.
• We sometimes collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for tele-robotic verification.
• bethie b. does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
• We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on bethie b.’s forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
• Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the bethie b. site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
6. DATA WE STORE
• All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
• Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
• Registered posters can access and update their account information through the account homepage.
• Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
7. ARCHIVING AND DISPLAY OF BETHIE B. POSTINGS BY SEARCH ENGINES AND OTHER SITES
• Search engines and other sites not affiliated with bethie b. – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – archive or otherwise may make available bethie b. postings.
8. CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH BETHIE B. MAY RELEASE INFORMATION
• Bethie b. may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of bethie b. we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
10. USE OF WEB BEACONS OR GIF FILES.
The Bethie b. website and web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons – sometimes also called single-pixel gifs – that allow Bethie b. to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Bethie b. may include Web Beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these Web Beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These Web Beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent Cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. Bethie b. prohibits Web Beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
11. ACCESSING WEB ACCOUNT INFORMATION.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us via email to our support attendant at: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT.
Bethie b. has the discretion to occasionally update this Statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the Bethie b. website and service constitutes your agreement to this Statement and any updates. Except as provided in this paragraph, this Statement may not be modified or amended.
13. CONTACTING US.
If you have questions regarding this Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us at: email@example.com
Bethie b. will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.